First Post

 Allow myself to introduce... myself!

If you are here and reading this chances are you are a family member, loved one, or dear friend.  But if you don't know me, found this place because someone recommended it, or are also a Breast Friend of mine going through your own cancer journey... well, I hope I live up to your expectations!

My name is Renae.  I am 39 years old. The youngest of 4 daughters to 2 amazing parents.  Married to my best friend and the most amazing father to my 2 wild but extremely loving kids. A lover of music, wine, a delicious gluten free dessert, walks on the beach, my foster fail pup Louie, and watching the sun rise.

I now have to add "cancer patient" to my resume.  It doesn't fit in the list of "things I love" or "education" or even "previous experience".  This is new.  Really new.  So new that when my phone rings I run as fast as I can to answer because I think the nurse on the other end is going to say, "I'm so sorry, we called the wrong person. It isn't you!  You're fine, no cancer! Whoops!" Two and a half weeks ago I got the real call. The one that said, "I'm so sorry, it is breast cancer." 

While it was a complete shock it wasn't completely out of left field.  My grandmother passed in her mid forties from breast cancer, just a few months before my mother and father married.  And if the year 2020 wasn't already a crappy year my sister was diagnosed with DCIS.  So there were flags and warnings.  But you never think it will happen to you.  Especially in your 30's (yes, I still hold on to the idea that I'm in my 30's, even though it's my last year!).

So here I am, writing here, while sipping on some red wine (duh).  This is my place to organize my feelings, hopefully find a little laughter in it all, and maybe help someone along their own journey.  Those of you that know me know that I am the worst at technology.  But come along and follow my journey.  If I've learned anything during all of this I have learned that I am NOT alone.  For that I am grateful.  My family, my friends, my community... I never realized I had so much love and support until now.  I am forever grateful.  Thank you for being here.  Love and Breast Wishes 💕



Comments

  1. You are not alone. You will kick cancer to the curb. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hiding in a bubble

Just When You Think You're Out of the Woods

What a gift